Member Services Representative, Osceola County YMCA Family Center
Company: YMCA of Central Florida
Posted on: May 28, 2023
The position is responsible for communicating with member/visitors
in a highly professional manner; retaining membership, answering
the telephone, answering member questions, and various clerical
tasks as assigned.
- Perform facility access control duties by checking in members
and program participants entering the building. Ensure that
membership card is presented or proper guest fee, if required, is
- Conduct interviews/tours to promote membership to prospective
- Assist members and customers courteously. Meet and greet
members and visitors in a positive and professional manner as a
representative of the YMCA of Central Florida.
- Answer the telephone in a prompt, courteous manner.
- Enter membership and program enrollment data into applicable
technology systems/software, print receipts, and give receipts to
members and program participants.
- Ensure the security of the association enforcing policy
regarding visitors and maintains visitors log.
- Give membership and program information to walk in and phone in
- Assist Membership Director and perform miscellaneous tasks as
directed and required.
- Perform routine filing and posts all rosters.
- Maintain clean and professional appearance for self and
- Promote and represent the mission and core values of the YMCA
of Central Florida in the Family Center and its programs.
- All other duties assigned by Management.
- High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- One year of customer service experience preferred.
- Demonstrated computer knowledge and data entry skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- Excellent follow through actions regarding communication.
- Desire and ability to work with people of all ages.
- Demonstrated responsibility and dependability.
- Must exhibit patience, sensitivity and understanding.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, which may include
weekends and holidays as needed.
- May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time
while demonstrating manual dexterity in order to accurately work on
the phone, computer keyboard, and other equipment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- The employee needs sufficient strength, agility and mobility to
perform essential functions and to supervise program activities in
a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time
and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart
- The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must
be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must be able to perform light work: exerting up to
20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force
frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
- Must complete successful background screening, which includes
criminal and drug screening.
- All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job
functions subject to reasonable accommodation. The YMCA promotes an
equal employment opportunity work place which includes reasonable
accommodation of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and
employees. Please see your manager should you have any questions
about this policy or these job duties.
- This job description may not be all-inclusive and employees are
expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by
management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed
appropriate by management.
Keywords: YMCA of Central Florida, Kissimmee , Member Services Representative, Osceola County YMCA Family Center, Sales , Kissimmee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...