OR Technician Noncert PRN
Company: Osceola Regional Medical Center
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Description SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Osceola Regional Medical Center is a Joint Commission accredited
404-bed hospital that builds on a proud tradition of healthcare
excellence in Osceola County, Florida. Osceola Regional is
conveniently and centrally located in Heart of Kissimmee only
minutes from Orlando, St. Cloud, Celebration and Poinciana.--
Osceola Regional Medical Center is designed to be patient friendly
that blends comprehensive state-of-the-art medical technology with
the highest level of comfort and convenience possible for patients
Osceola Regional Medical Center is currently seeking a
Non-Certified OR Surgical Technician to join our Surgery team.--
This is a PRN, as needed,--position.
- Anticipates physician preferences based upon scheduled surgical
procedures contributing to achievement of established OR
goals/performance numbers and improving patient outcomes.
- Assists in operative procedures by preparing and passing
instruments and supplies, holding retractors and cutting
- Assists in the maintenance of care of specimens and prepares
surgical specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Assists in the preparation of the operative suite in
anticipation of the surgical procedure.
- Follows universal precautions, and follows patient safety
standards; and ensures proper cleaning, processing, and handling of
all surgical instrumentation and scopes.-- Applies the principles
of asepsis to ensure the prevention of infection and maintain
optimum patient care.
- Works collaboratively with surgical team to perform and ensure
accurate surgical counts. Demonstrates knowledge of hospital
- Contributes to a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a
quiet healing environment.
- Communicates and interacts with patients, families, and others
in a caring, empathetic, courteous, and respectful manner.
- Communicates effectively and works with physicians and/or other
members of the interdisciplinary team in meeting patient
- Performs duties in accordance with departmental policies and
procedures, and recognized professional, quality, patient safety,
environmental and infection control standards.Qualifications:
- Graduate from approved Surgical Tech Program is required
- 1-3 years of experience as a Surgical Technologist is
- Current BLS/or BLS Instructor through American Heart
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal
communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written
instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skill.--An
EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus--
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: Osceola Regional Medical Center, Kissimmee , OR Technician Noncert PRN, Professions , Kissimmee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!