PRN Patient Care Technician
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you have the PRN career opportunities
as a(an) PRN Patient Care Technician you want with your current
employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA
Florida Poinciana Hospital which is part of the nation's leading
provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.BenefitsHCA Florida
Poinciana Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports
the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The
available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want
to work as a(an) PRN Patient Care Technician where your passion for
creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are
dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be
your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job
Summary and QualificationsThe Patient Care Technician (PCT)
delivers high quality, patient-centered care by performing a
variety of delegated basic patient care services related to common
nursing functions and activities of daily living. Under the
supervision of the registered nurse (RN), the PCT assists the
nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with the
PCT's skills/training and the needs of the Department, and
consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a
clean, well-organized, and safe patient care environment. The PCT
complies with all hospital policies/procedures and observes the
State Board of Nursing rules for unlicensed personnel.
What you will do in this role:
- Participates in the implementation of nursing care plans by
performing direct and indirect patient care under the supervision
of the licensed nurse.
- Obtains and records initial and ongoing patient information
throughout the cycle of care, including admissions data, vital
signs, height and weight, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, intake
and output, calorie counts, and other patient information as
outlined by policy.
- Assists with mobility by regular turning and positioning,
dangling, and ambulating patients. Assists with use of walkers,
crutches, canes, and wheelchairs. Transfers patients to and from
other units, departments, or entities. Assists with discharges.
Demonstrates proper body mechanics.
- Obtains or assists in the collection of specimens for
diagnostic or waived tests. Ensures accuracy of all labels and
timely transfer of specimen.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living to include
eating and drinking, bathing, shaving, oral care, grooming, and
elimination. Changes bed linens as needed.
- Serves as Monitor/Telemetry Tech for the unit as
- Engages in evidence-based best practices that enhance the
patient experience, including SAFETY rounding, communication
fundamentals/AIDET, Teach-Back, Narrating Care, etc.
What qualifications you will need:
- High School Diploma/GED Required
- CNA License Preferred
- 1+ years of experience in an acute care setting preferred
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of
employment start date
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention must be obtained within 90 days
of employment start date
- High School Graduate / GEDThis role requires you to be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law
or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved).HCA Florida Poinciana Hospital is a purpose-guided
healthcare provider. We are a four-story, 150,000-square-foot
hospital. We have 70 private beds and a six-bed private ICU. We
provide a full range of acute care services including emergency
services, inpatient and outpatient diagnostic imaging, and
inpatient and outpatient surgery. Other services include cardiac
catheterization, laboratory, pharmacy, and a full range of support
services. Our Emergency Department (ED) is approximately 14,500
square feet. Our ED consists of 22 private treatment rooms, an EMS
entrance, and a helicopter pad.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses. "Bricks and mortar do not make a
hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If you are looking for an opportunity
that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to
apply for our PRN Patient Care Technician opening. We review all
applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for
interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!We are an
equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Kissimmee , PRN Patient Care Technician, Professions , Kissimmee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!