Patient Care Tech Med 3
Company: Osceola Regional Medical Center
Posted on: November 9, 2019
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
OsceolaRegional Medical Center is a Joint Commission accredited
404-bed hospital thatbuilds on a proud tradition of healthcare
excellence in Osceola County,Florida. Osceola Regional is
conveniently and centrally located in Heart ofKissimmee only
minutes from Orlando, St. Cloud, Celebration and Poinciana.-- We
are committed to continually enhancing thestandard of healthcare by
providing services to include: Emergency Care, TraumaCare,
Pediatric ER, Heart & Vascular Institute, Comprehensive Stroke
Center,The Baby Suites maternity care, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Level II, Women---sServices, Behavioral Health, Orthopedics & Spine
and a Graduate MedicalEducation Program. We also expand our care to
the community with ourfreestanding Emergency Department at
Hunter---s Creek ER.--OsceolaRegional Medical Center is currently
seeking a Patient Care Tech to join ourMedical 3--team.-- The
position will beFull-time on the--Night shift and will have
rotating weekend requirements.
ThePatient Care Technician (PCT) delivers high quality,
patient-centered care byperforming a variety of delegated basic
patient care services related to commonnursing functions and
activities of daily living. Under the supervision of the
registerednurse (RN), the PCT assists the nursing staff in
providing patient care inaccordance with the PCT---s
skills/training and the needs of the Department, andconsistently
assists the patient care team with maintaining a
clean,well-organized, and safe patient care environment. The PCT
complies with allhospital policies/procedures and observes the
State Board of Nursing rules for unlicensedpersonnel.
- Participates in the implementation of nursing careplans by
performing direct and indirect patient care under the supervision
ofthe licensed nurse.
- Obtains and recordsinitial and ongoing patient information
throughout the cycle of care, includingadmissions data, vital
signs, height and weight, blood pressure, oxygensaturation, blood
glucose levels, intake and output, and calorie counts.
- Documentsobservations, interactions, patient responses to
performed activities, and anyphysical or behavioral changes at time
of occurrence. Reports observations of individualpatients to the
- Assists with mobilityby regular turning and positioning,
dangling, and ambulating patients.-- Assists with use of walkers,
crutches, canes,and wheelchairs. Transfers patients to and from
other units, departments, orentities.-- Assists with discharges.--
Demonstrates proper body mechanics.
- Provides or assistswith non-medicated support care, including
non-sterile dressing changes, skinprotection, application of heat
or ice, and venous compression devices.
- Obtains or assists inthe collection of specimens for diagnostic
or waived tests. Ensures accuracy ofall labels and timely transfer
- Retrieves medicationfrom pharmacy, storage room, or tube system
and delivers to licensed staffmember as instructed.
- Assists with patientpreparation for surgery or other
- Orients patients/families/caregiversto room and hospital
- Assists patients with activitiesof daily living to include
eating and drinking, bathing, shaving, oral care, grooming,and
elimination.-- Changes bed linens asneeded.
- Performs hourlyrounding and responds promptly to call lights
and patient requests. Strives toanticipate patient needs and
resolve them proactively.--
- Follows patient and employeesafety/security policies and
protocols, including hand hygiene, use ofuniversal precautions, use
of personal protective equipment, and adherence toisolation
- Prepares and maintainsclean, hazard-free patient rooms. Empties
trash and removes soiled linens.
- Assists withpost-mortem care.
- Assists in the setup,removal, and cleaning of
equipment.--Identifies malfunctioning equipment and initiates
- Performs clericalwork as needed, including assembling and
maintain charts, filing, answering andtransferring phones, and
relaying messages.Qualifications Qualifications
- Education:High School Diploma or equivalent (GED), CNA Training
- Experience:1+ years of experience in an acute care setting
- Licensure:Certified Nursing Assistant in State of Florida
- Certification:Current BLS required.-- --You are worth more than
a paycheck. OurBenefits Raise the Bar:
- 401(k)with an employer match up to 9%
- PaidTime Off
- EmployeeStock Purchase Program
- EmployeeDiscount Program
- Medical,Dental, Vision, Flex Spending, Life, Disability
- Andmuch more!
An EEO/AA EmployerM/F/V/D. Tobacco Free CampusNotice Our
Company---s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility
within your career and we take your candidate experience very
seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee
will request financial or personal information (Social Security
Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email.
The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like
Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or
job-related email, contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: Osceola Regional Medical Center, Kissimmee , Patient Care Tech Med 3, Other , Kissimmee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!