MRI Tech I Imaging Kissimmee Part Time
Company: AdventHealth Greater Orlando
Posted on: April 15, 2019
MRI Tech I Imaging Kissimmee Part TimeAdventHealth Kissimmee seeks
to hire an MRI TECH I who will embrace our mission to extend the
healing ministry of Christ.
Facility Profile:AdventHealth Kissimmee is a 163 bed
community-focused hospital, conveniently located near Walt Disney
World. The team here is dedicated to bringing mission-focused,
faith-based care to residents and visitors of Osceola and Orange
Counties. At the heart of our latest expansion is a new,
three-story tower featuring 80 expansive, private patient rooms and
a host of modern amenities and technologies. Because we believe
family support is an essential part of health and healing, weve
included large, beautifully decorated family waiting areas with the
comforts of home. Plus, each patient room includes ample space for
visiting loved ones to relax, work and sleep. Department
Profile:AdventHealth Kissimmee is a full-service community
hospital, and is dedicated to offering quality healthcare services
and programs to meet the needs of the Osceola County community. We
provide imaging in all modalities to include, X-ray, CT, Nuclear
Medicine, MRI, Ultrasound, Mammography and Bone DXA. Work
Hours/Shifts:Sat/Sun, 8:00am 4:30pm * Relocation of $1500 available
for eligible candidates (see terms below) Job Summary:The MRI
technologist is under the general supervision of the lead
technologist, supervisor, manager, director of special imaging, and
radiologist. Their primary duties include imaging both neuro and
body scans on patients from neonate to geriatric, following the age
specific guidelines of FH parameters, transmitting images for
diagnostic interpretation, and keeping the hospital computer system
up to date with the progress of these exams. The MRI technologist
actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts
responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally
respectful to all. Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with people of
- Knowledge of MRI scanners and procedures
- Ability to learn and grow with new technology
- Customer service skills
- MRI safety knowledge
- Associates or Bachelors degree in a healthcare-related field
- Prior MRI experience on GE magnets (Preferred)
- Prior CT experience (Preferred)
- General computer skills and PACS (Preferred)
- Basic IV skills (Preferred)
- General physics and anatomy (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- ARRT MR or CT or R
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Current State of Florida license as a General Radiographer
- ARRT - MR
Job Responsibilities:Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealths
Core Values of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own it as
outlined in the organizations Performance Excellence Program
- Performs all MRI exams using FH MRI protocols. Uses FH policy
for proper identification of patient prior to performing exam.
Educates patient concerning exam. (Exam supervision and
- Completes MRI exams in a timely manner, keeps work flow moving
and minimizes empty table time. Follows through after completing
exam with communication, transportation and discharge of OPs.
(Personal Productivity and Accountability)
- Operates all equipment safely and properly including scanners,
injectors and monitors. Utilizes the knowledge and skills to
perform scans on patients on all ages, adapting protocols as
necessary. (Clinical Competence)
- Properly screens each patient, visitor, employee who enters the
MRI facility for contraindications for admission to the magnet
room. Maintains properly stocked, organized and clean room.
Performs QA on magnets within ACR guidelines. Duties may include
transport of pharmaceutical waste from the point of generation to a
designated secure storage area. Employee will be required to
complete initial training (prior to handling pharmaceutical waste)
to include proper handling and transport of pharmaceutical waste,
and proper selection, use and disposal of personal protective
equipment. (Safety and the Environment of Care)
- Reviews all images of all MRI exams, repeating sequences as
necessary for best possible result. (Image Quality and
- Uses computer system for ordering, changing and canceling exams
according to protocol. Confirms order matches exam before pushing
to PACS or correctly fixes exams on QC or PACS. (Data
- Assists with collection of data for all KPIs, Six Sigma
Projects realizing final goals of department. Participates on teams
as asked. Utilizes Service Recovery techniques for patients and
families as needed. (Performance Improvement)
- Consistently attends department meetings or other mandatory
meetings with positive attitude toward department and others.
Listens and is responsible for knowing content. (Department Meeting
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the
smooth operation of the department.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering
the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the
MRI TECH I opportunity with Kissimmee and apply online today.
- Applicable experience required.
- Must live 50 or more miles from 601 East Rollins Dr., Orlando,
FL to qualify.
- Full Time employment contract required.
- Rehires within 12 months are not eligible.
Job Keywords:Imaging, MRI Tech, Kissimmee, Part Time
Keywords: AdventHealth Greater Orlando, Kissimmee , MRI Tech I Imaging Kissimmee Part Time, Other , Kissimmee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!