Physician Assistant (Bilingual Preferred)
Posted on: February 9, 2019
Urgent Care opening in Kissimmee, Florida. This and other physician assistant jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com Carespot - Careers // // // Position Summary: Works within the scope of the medical protocols established by CareSpot and within the scope of their state's license, to provide prompt, comprehensive and competent medical care. Works collaboratively with a healthcare team to provide acute health care to patientsEssential Responsibilities1.Provides exemplary customer service to patients, visitors and coworkers; Maintains customer loyalty score at or above company benchmark2.Provides leadership, direction, and assistance during emergencies while maintaining a comforting and reassuring environment for patients3.Complies with necessary regulatory standards and licensure requirements mandated by Federal and State Agencies (i.e. HIPAA, OSHA, and CPR certification)4.Performs medical assessment of Center patients and appropriately documents all relevant information on designated CareSpot form and/or Electronic Health Records5.Establishes and monitors a medically appropriate level of care for center patients6.Performs examinations for workers' comp, occupational medicine, DOT, sports and other physicals, wellness tests and pre-employment screenings7.Oversees, directs and supports on site laboratory, dispensing of on-site where applicable, Rx, x-rays, injections, and collections for direct access services8.Performs daily Urgent Care Patient follow-up callbacks to review treatment and check on progress9.Works with Center Manager and other staff to ensure operations are consistent with medical policy and professional standards10.Participates in and assists with in-service and continuing education programs for physicians, nurses and other personnel employed by or associated with CareSpot11.Assists in scheduling and providing medical coverage for assigned Center and other Centers, if needed12.Promotes, supports, and engages in projects and activities which will develop or improve services delivered at the Center13.Assures compliance with licensing, certification and accrediting bodies14.Place IV and initiate intravenous therapy when appropriate15.Performs medical assessment, procedures, and determines treatment recommendations of center patients ages 6 months and older16.Ability to utilize 3-4 exam rooms when working in a single-provider center17.Directs and reviews all laboratory and radiology results and develops appropriate treatment plan18.Performs other duties as assigned19.Acts with honesty and integrity in all business transactions, including, but not limited to, employment applications/resumes, patient records, time records, and financial transactions Required Skills Minimum Qualifications:Education:
- Graduated from an accredited school of nursing with Advanced Practice Nurse Master's Degree OR
- Graduated from an accredited Professional Physician Assistant Program
- Active Physician Assistant state license or Nurse Practitioner state license
- Active DEA license from state of practice if applicable
- Board Certified (NP must be FNP certified for six (6) months to adult)
- BLS Certification
- Medical Examiners Certification for DOT physicals (ME certification may be acquired within the first 30 days of employment)Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be aware of hazardous situations and be able to provide a leadership role in emergencies as needed.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays Required Experience
- Minimum 1 year applicable experience in acute/urgent care, family practice or emergency department setting
- Experience in pediatrics (ages 6 months and up)
- 2 years of experience preferred
- Experience using an Electronic Health Record (EHR) preferred
- Minimum 1 year treating patients autonomously
- Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Creole is preferred.
Keywords: MedPost/CareSpot, Kissimmee , Physician Assistant (Bilingual Preferred), Other , Kissimmee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!