Temporary Event Staff
Company: Osceola County, FL
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Salary: $12.50 Hourly
Location : Kissimmee, FL
Job Type: Full-time
Job Number: 01839
Department: Community Development
Division: Austin Tindall
Opening Date: 07/13/2023
Closing Date: 12/1/2023 11:59 PM Eastern
General Description of Duties
NOTE TO INTERNAL APPLICANTS: INTERNAL CANDIDATES IN THE SAME
CLASSIFICATION AND/OR PAY GRADE AS THE POSITION POSTED WILL NOT
RECEIVE A PAY ADJUSTMENT IF SELECTED.
To provide service to the general public and assist in the overall
operation during at Austin Tindall Sports Complex and/or
Buenaventura Lakes Baseball Park Batting Cages.
Essential Job Functions
(Note: These are intended only as illustrations of the various
types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not
exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or
a logical assignment to the position.)
These positions may be responsible for collecting cash from patrons
upon sale and reconciling at the end of the day. The position will
also be responsible for light clean-up duty.
To perform in various types of positions as but not limited to:
- Greeting of the general public to the facility. Ticket Seller
- Selling admission tickets/or wristbands to events, handling
cash and credit cards. Ticket Taker
- Verifying wristbands and/or taking tickets from patrons to
allow them entry into events.
- Tickets will either be ripped, retaining a portion of the
ticket for accurate attendance, retaining the entire ticket, or
scanning tickets with an electronic device. Parking Attendant
- Collecting cash, distributing parking tickets, directing
patrons into a parking lot and/or parking space. Usher
- Guiding and/or assisting patrons to their proper
seating/standing area at events. Security
- Searching bags for prohibited items and clearing patrons for
entry into events, monitoring said events by actively walking
around and observing patrons in attendance; this position would not
carry a weapon. Gate Attendant
- Monitoring lines at entry gates and assisting ticket takers and
security personnel as needed. Press Box
- Assists scorekeepers, scoreboard/video board operators, p.a.
announcers, and members of the media during the operation of an
athletic competition event. Scorekeeper
- Keeps score at athletic competition events
- Operates computerized electronic scoreboard and/or video board.
Batting Cage Attendant
- Track online reservations and assist with walk-in
- Assist with the retrieval of balls
- Responsible for maintaining area clear of clutter and other
- Responsible for the opening and closing of batting cages for
public use. Customer Service Representative
- Assists patrons with questions and directions at events Runner
- Retrieves and delivers goods needed during the operation of an
event; Restroom Attendant
- Cleaning of restrooms, restocking of paper products & soap
- Picks up trash with a trash picker and a bucket throughout the
property, emptying bucket into trash cans when full
- May Assist groundskeepers in basic lawn care and landscaping
tasks e.g. removing weeds, laying sod, spreading seeds, planting
foliage and shrubbery, trimming landscape
- Assists in basic field preparation duties, e.g. chalk field,
paint foul lines, lay down field drying agent, remove and replace
bases and mound, rake infield drying agent. Ice Plant Attendant
- Bag ice and store it in the proper freezer
- Fills coolers with ice and water for benches Minimum
- High School Diploma or GED
- Six (6) months of customer experience dealing with the
- Must possess a valid Florida Driver's License Knowledge, Skills
- Knowledge of basic English and math skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with the public and employees. PHYSICAL DEMAND
Physical Demand: Light
- 20 pounds maximum lifting.
- Frequent (up to 2/3 of the work time) lifting, carrying up to
- If less lifting involved will require significant
walking/standing may be required.
- If mostly sitting is involved will require push/pull on arm or
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by spoken word or perceiving
sound by ear.
- Good eyesight for production or safety of self and others.
- Most positions require physical agility required in kneeling,
bending, stooping, and reaching.
- Some positions may accommodate the physically handicapped.
Benefit Code N/A
Keywords: Osceola County, FL, Kissimmee , Temporary Event Staff, Other , Kissimmee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!