Systems Engineer - Project Hire
Company: Disney Parks, Experiences and Products
Posted on: November 15, 2023
"We Power the Magic!" That's our motto at Disney Parks,
Experiences and Products Technology & Digital. Our team builds
premier immersive digital experiences for the Company's world-class
vacation brands including Disney's Parks & Resorts worldwide,
Disney Cruise Line, Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, and Disney
Vacation Club.The Systems Engineer will be part of a team
passionate about device management and operations support for our
cruise ships, private islands, and on-site offices. The Engineer
will provide technical support for endpoints including, but not
limited to PCs, MacOS, Android, iOS, Linux, printers, antennas, and
much more. This role also includes travel to ports around the U.S.
and international to assist in supporting ship operations, and to
other Disney sites and locations for project work. Travel
requirements vary based on ship itinerary schedules, but may be as
much as 25-50% at times.This is a "hands-on" engineering role
planning, creating and field-testing real-world enterprise
solutions. We seek forward-thinking team members who are passionate
about delivering quality products and services and enjoy working
closely with business partners on both strategic and tactical
challenges. Candidate should have excellent verbal and written
communication skills, and be able to work independently as a
self-starter, utilize good time management skills, and function
well within a diverse team.This is a Project Hire position with no
guarantee of permanent placement.Responsibilities:
- Install, configure, and manage shipboard endpoints such as PCs,
mobile devices, printers, and other smart devices.
- Build new user accounts and groups in Active Directory
- Work with our business partners to plan, design, and implement
- Work closely with critical shipboard officers to keep them
informed of projects and collaborate with them on project and
details as appropriate.
- Provide on-site and remote support for applications and
hardware on our ships and on-shore sites.
- Warehouse logistics, including processing equipment repairs and
shipping project hardware.
- Assemble equipment at our warehouse and other site
- Purchase hardware for projects and/or replacements
- Travel to remote ports to setup embarkation equipment and
provide training and technical support.Required Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in technology roles, specific to
computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and
- Experience centrally handling Windows, MacOS, Android & IOS
devices in an enterprise environment.
- Experience using MECM (SCCM), Jamf, AirWatch, or other central
- Solid understanding of Windows, MacOS, Android and iOS
- Self-starter with ability to take initiative and balance
- Travel between multiple Orlando-based locations including Port
Canaveral, with a personal vehicle.
- Hands-on experience with hardware installations such as PCs,
cabling, peripheral, etc.
- Familiarity with ServiceNow, Jira, or other Ticketing
- Familiarity with Confluence (or other documentation/wikis)
- Demonstrate outstanding troubleshooting methodology, including
the ability to author and teach new methodologies to the
- Prior maritime experience from a technology perspective
- Industry certifications in Windows, MacOS, Android and IOS
- MacOS, IOS and Android experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience with:
- AirWatch/WorkforceOne (Strongly preferred)
- MECM/SCCM (Strongly preferred)
- Strong PowerShell skills
- Experience managing GPOsEducation:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and/or equivalent work
Keywords: Disney Parks, Experiences and Products, Kissimmee , Systems Engineer - Project Hire, Other , Kissimmee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!