Company: Jr. Davis Construction Company, Inc.
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Grounds Guy (Grading) Kissimmee, FL or surrounding area
Jr. Davis Construction Company Inc. builds roads, bridges and
highways that connect our communities! We are seeking passionate
individuals eager to apply their skills to take their career to the
next level. This individual will be responsible for grade control,
scraper cut and fill instructions. JDC is one of the largest heavy
highway and civil construction firms in the state with over 900
employees, while still retaining a family business atmosphere.
We'll respect your hard work and treat you like family.
- Sets grade stakes to guide earth moving equipment operators in
sloping areas and fill embankments using measuring instruments and
- Reads survey stakes along highway right-of-way to determine
grade specification for embankment.
- Measures horizontally and vertically, in specified ratio, from
survey stake to juncture of embankment and initial excavations,
using survey rod and eye level.
- Sets grade stakes, using hatchet, and chalk-marks excavation
reference points on stake.
- Repeats measuring and staking at specified intervals to form
horizontal stake line along embankment.
- Observes excavating activities to verify conformance to stake
references and notifies equipment operators or supervisors of
- Collect information using GPS equipment.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material
quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.).
- Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 recent years' experience working as a Grounds guy.
- Active Driver license.
- Must have a safety first attitude. Strict adherence to safety
requirements and procedures is required
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers,
supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
Knowledge & Skills:
- OSHA safety and environmental regulation compliance.
- Experience with Global Positioning System (GPS) equipment for
Join the Team! At JDC, we believe that our employees are the reason
for our success. JDC provides rewarding and challenging careers,
encourages professional growth and strives to help each employee
achieve their full potential.
Company Benefits: We don't just want to tell employees we care
about them; we show it. That's why we offer a comprehensive and
competitive package to our employees:
- Competitive pay rates
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Voluntary life
- Supplemental insurances
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- On-the-job training and skill development
- Complementary Wellness Clinic services
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate!
At JDC, we promote a drug-free workplace environment and we pride
ourselves on being an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Jr. Davis Construction Company, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer and is actively recruiting women and
minorities for all open positions.
Keywords: Jr. Davis Construction Company, Inc., Kissimmee , Grade Laborer, Other , Kissimmee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!