Patient Services Associate- Kissimmee
Company: Mednax Services, Inc.
Posted on: May 23, 2023
The Patient Service Associate is responsible to ensure smooth
clinic, patient and billing flow by greeting and directing patients
to their various appointments, preparing the daily clinic schedule
and updating the physicians' schedules, maintaining patient files
and records, interfacing with the different corporate departments
and by receiving and directly patient questions to appropriate
people. Works as a team member to facilitate patient care and
optimize the revenue.
- Handle high volume incoming calls.
- Review the charts and insurance referrals/authorizations and
taking appropriate action to assure proper maximal
- To assist the physicians and/or administrators in all business
and patient care responsibilities.
- Coordinates office communication flow.
- Communicates effectively and courteously with and demonstrates
a caring attitude toward patients and their families.
- Greet, direct and assist large numbers of visitors and refers
visitors to various areas.
- Ensure all patient demographic and insurance information.
- Answer telephones using correct telephone etiquette at all
times, recording legible and complete messages, handling questions,
transferring incoming calls appropriately, contacting physicians,
insurance companies, hospitals, diagnostic facilities, billing
departments, etc... as necessary.
- Review patient intake information to verify insurance
- Verify patient insurance information, call for insurance
authorization, patient address, telephone, etc.
- Responsible for scheduling new and follow up appointments
including patient testing.
- Acts in a non-directive, non-judgmental manner, recognizing an
individual's religious, ethical and moral opinions and
- Brings new ideas, positive attitude and lots of energy.
- Responsible for maintaining and recording patient
- Identify and collect co-pays, deductibles and other
- Reconcile patient payments on a daily basis received to cash
box and receipt journal.
- Prepare billing sheets.
- Review all billings sheets to ensure they contain necessary
information needed to create a claim such as physician name and
number, patient name and number, insurance code, referring
physician and code, etc
- Direct billing inquiries to appropriate Regional Office.
- Ensure the clinical staff submits all outpatient billing sheets
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Patient chart management, preparation, maintenance, filing,
copying, requesting records, etc...
- Provides assistance to other team members when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assures all charge tickets are accounted for and checked off
against patient sign in sheet and schedule for optimal
- Displays exceptional customer service skills in responding to
all inquiries from patients, insurance carriers, outside agencies,
internal departments and coworkers.
- Daily review of charts on patients who have appointments for
the following day to verify that all appropriate referral and
authorization information has been received.
- Coordinate flow of insurance information with the clinic sites
and corporate office.
- Data entry of registration.
- Request insurance codes as needed.
- Maintain audit logs of billings.
- Reception desk and telephones as needed. Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Three years recent experience in a related position in a
medical office experience preferred.
- Ability to prioritize jobs duties and meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively work on many tasks at one time.
- Have superior customer service and verbal and written
- Strong computer knowledge; experience preferred.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish
a safe work environment.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, obstetrical and/or perinatal
coding, office billing forms, insurance and government payer
regulations and other third party billing requirements
- Must be able to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and attention to
- Must be able to travel to satellite office during the week.
Mileage is reimbursable. Benefits and Compensation
Benefits for Full Time employee and qualified dependents:
- Health Insurance including prescription drugs
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term disability options
- Employee stock purchase program - 15% discount*
- 401k with company match**
- Long Term Care (LTC)
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Aflac Hospital, Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Identity Protection
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
*Part Time Regular employee classifications also receive this
** Available to part-time regular and part-time casual employees
age 21 and over
Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
MEDNAX IS AN Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status
Mednax, Inc. and its affiliated practices operating as Pediatrix -
Medical Group (Pediatrix) are one of the nation's leading providers
of highly specialized health care for women, babies and children.
Since 1979, Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians have been committed to
providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent
services across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings
and office-based practices. Specialties including obstetrics,
maternal-fetal medicine, and neonatology are complemented by 18
pediatric subspecialties and a newly expanded area of primary and
urgent care clinics. The group's high-quality, evidence-based care
is bolstered by investments in research, education,
quality-improvement and safety initiatives.
Today through almost 8,000 employees in 38 states, dedicated teams
including physicians, advanced practitioners, clinical leaders,
business and operational experts work together every day to fulfill
our mission to take great care of the patient -. We invite you to
join the Pediatrix family and help shape the future of health
Effective November 1st, 2021 MEDNAX will require all employees and
new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they qualify
for an approved medical and/or religious exemption.
Keywords: Mednax Services, Inc., Kissimmee , Patient Services Associate- Kissimmee, Other , Kissimmee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...