Health Screener (Bilingual)
Posted on: January 21, 2023
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
with Takeda's and . I further attest that all information I submit
in my employment application is true to the best of my
knowledge.Job DescriptionACCOUNTABILITIES (Describe the primary
duties and responsibilities of the job. Include only the essential
functions of the job. Approximately 5 - 10 bulleted task statements
should be identified).
- Committed to meet customer service expectations (30%)
- Greet donors as they enter and exit the donor floor.
- Answer phones within reasonable timeframe.
- Maintain orderly filing system, purging records as needed.
- May be asked to help translate or facilitate communication with
Spanish speaking donors and other BioLife team members.
- Helps to support the overall success of BioLife's end to end
donation process and helps to champion BioLife's en Espanol
- Helps to communicate and provide support to all donors,
including Spanish speaking donors to ensure a seamless and
exemplary donation experience
- May perform all required duties in the area of Medical History
(including, but not limited to): (50%)
- Take and record donor pulse, blood pressure, and temperature
measures and monitor electronic donor questionnaire system.
- Perform fingerstick, test sample, and record other donor
measures to include hematocrit, total protein and weight.
- Enter donor information into the Donor Information System
- Prepare and assemble new and repeat donor charts.
- Coordinate donors to donor floor and compensate donors using
the Debit Card system
- May perform specific entry-level duties in the area of
Phlebotomy including: (20%)
- Install, prime, and disconnect disposable sets on the
- Operate, maintain, and perform trouble-shooting of
plasmapheresis machines within scope of training. Refer advanced
trouble-shooting to certified technicians.
- Monitor donors during donation process and respond to donor
- Maintain and calibrate equipment.
- Stock supplies, break down empty cartons and assist with proper
disposal.DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS Technical/Functional (Line)
Expertise (Breadth and depth of knowledge, application and
complexity of technical knowledge)
- Supports the center management team in identifying operational
opportunities for continuous improvement, initiating changes to
center processes as needed, through use of company approved
procedures (including but not limited to 5S, Value Stream Mapping
- Maintain general cleanliness of work area and assist other work
areas as needed to ensure a clean and professional
environment.Leadership (Vision, strategy and business alignment,
people management, communication, influencing others, managing
- Putting the patient at the center
- Building trust with society
- Reinforcing our reputation
- Developing the businessDecision-making and Autonomy (The
capacity and authority to make organizational decisions, autonomy
in decision-making, complexity of decisions, impact of decisions,
- Refers to Center Manager for guidance on complex, medium-impact
or above decisions (internal)
- Refers to management team for escalated donor/employee concerns
(internal)Interaction (The span and nature of one's engagement with
others when performing one's job, internal and external
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to
donors (external) and fellow employees (internal)
- Attend staff meetings and other team meetings as
required.Innovation (The required level of scientific knowledge,
knowledge sharing, innovation and risk taking)
- Coordinates will all other center roles to effectively problem
solve, ensure safety of staff and donors, and provide an
exceptional customer experience.Complexity (Products managed, mix
of businesses, internal and/or external business environment,
- Production environment requiring the ability to walk and stand
for the entire work shift.
- Requires frequent leaning, bending, stooping, crouching, and
reaching above the shoulders and below the knee.
- Requires frequent lifting up to 5 lbs. and occasional lifting
of materials up to 32 lbs. and rarely 50 lbs.
- Must have fine motor coordination, depth perception, and
ability to hear equipment sounds from a distance.
- Due to potential exposure to blood borne pathogens (risk level
1), 90% of work tasks require pro-longed glove wearEDUCATION,
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS: (List the essential and
desirable education and competency requirements to perform the
primary responsibilities of the job. Any minimum requirements
should be noted.)Essential:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to fluently and proficiently speak and read in both
English and Spanish
- Must speak, read and write fluent English and Spanish and
successfully pass BioLife's Spanish proficiency test upon
hireDesired: Experience in a laboratory, hospital, or other
regulated environment is a plusADDITIONAL INFORMATION (Add any
information legally required for your country here)
- FLSA Classification (US) - Non-Exempt
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.EEO
StatementTakeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse
workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability,
citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital
status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran,
or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal,
state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by
law.LocationsUSA - FL - KissimmeeWorker TypeEmployeeWorker
Sub-TypeRegularTime TypePart time
Keywords: Takeda, Kissimmee , Health Screener (Bilingual), Other , Kissimmee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!