Light and Medium Duty Truck Fleet Mechanic
Company: Jr. Davis Construction Company, Inc.
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Location: Kissimmee, FLJob Category: Field applicantSalary
Interval: HourlyApplication InstructionsJr. Davis Construction
Company Inc. builds roads, bridges, and highways that connect our
communities! We are seeking passionate individuals eager to apply
their skills to take their careers to the next level. This
individual will be responsible for maintaining and repairing our
fleet of Ford F Series trucks/Chevy trucks.JDC is one of the
largest heavy highway and civil construction firms in the state
with over 1,000 employees, while still retaining a family business
atmosphere. We'll respect your hard work and treat you like
family.Company Benefits: We don't just want to tell employees we
care about them; we show it. That's why we offer a comprehensive
and competitive package to our employees:
- Competitive pay rates
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Voluntary life
- Supplemental insurances
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- On-the-job training and skill development
- Complimentary Wellness Clinic servicesPosition Description
- Diagnose, test, adjust, and repair systems of vehicles.
- Examines, test drives, and troubleshoots electrical and
mechanical problems using standard testing procedures and computer
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly
to ensure proper performance with the manufacturer's
- Read and understand operating manuals and technical
- Other duties as assigned.Position Requirements
- An experienced technician with at least 5+ years of experience
- Knowledge in Ford F Series trucks / Chevy trucks:
- Preventable maintenance
- Powertrain engine/transmission/differentials
- Steering components
- Ford 6.7L Powerstroke diesel experience a Plus!
- Experience in troubleshooting/triage
- Active driver's license.
- Must have a safety-first attitude. Strict adherence to safety
requirements and procedures is required.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers,
supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Maintain a clean workspace
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- A high school diploma or GED is preferred.
- Ability to listen, follow directions, and have a willingness to
continue to enhance skills.Physical Requirements:
- Sitting, standing, walking, squatting/kneeling, reaching,
grasping, pushing/pulling, twisting/bending, lifting /carrying up
to 50 lbs. multiple times per shift, fingering, talking, hearing,
and seeing.Equal Opportunity EmployerJDC promotes a drug-free
workplace environment and we pride ourselves on being an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is actively
recruiting women and minorities for all open
Keywords: Jr. Davis Construction Company, Inc., Kissimmee , Light and Medium Duty Truck Fleet Mechanic, Other , Kissimmee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!