Company: Jr. Davis Construction Company, Inc.
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Location: Kissimmee, FLJob Category: Field applicantSalary
Application InstructionsJr. Davis Construction Company Inc. builds
roads, bridges, and highways that connect our communities! We are
seeking passionate individuals eager to apply their skills to take
their careers to the next level. This individual will be
responsible for laying pipe for storm or sanitation sewers, drains,
and water mains. Perform any combination of the following tasks:
grade trenches or culverts, position pipe, or seal joints.JDC is
one of the largest heavy highway and civil construction firms in
the state with over 1,000 employees, while still retaining a family
business atmosphere. We'll respect your hard work and treat you
like family.Company Benefits: We don't just want to tell employees
we care about them; we show it. That's why we offer a comprehensive
and competitive package to our employees:
- Competitive pay rates
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Voluntary life
- Supplemental insurances
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- On-the-job training and skill development
- Complimentary Wellness Clinic servicesPosition Description
- Install or use instruments such as lasers, grade rods, or
- Cut pipes to required lengths.
- Connect pipe pieces and seal joints, using welding equipment,
cement, or glue.
- Covert pipes with earth or other materials.
- Install or repair sanitary or stormwater sewer structures or
- Perform other duties as assigned.Knowledge and Skills:
- Building and Construction - Knowledge of materials, methods,
and the tools involved in the construction or repair of structures
such as highways and roads,
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their
designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment,
policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local,
state, or national security operations for the protection of
people, data, property, and institutions.
- Design - Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles
involved in the production of precision technical plans,
blueprints, drawings, and models.Position Requirements
- 3+ recent years' experience working as a Pipe Layer.
- Active Driver license.
- Must have a safety-first attitude. Strict adherence to safety
requirements and procedures is required.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers,
supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when
- High School diploma.Physical Requirements:
- All work is performed outside in heat, cold, and inclement
- Exposure to loud noises, fumes, odors, gasses, dust, etc.
- Work in close proximity to heavy traffic.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods
of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field
- Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects, use
abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time
- Requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands)
and multi-limb coordination.
- Frequently lifts and/or moves objects weighing up to 50 pounds,
and occasionally objects weighing more than 75 pounds.
- Considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole
body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, and
stoopingEqual Opportunity EmployerJDC promotes a drug-free
workplace environment and we pride ourselves on being an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is actively
recruiting women and minorities for all open positions.
Keywords: Jr. Davis Construction Company, Inc., Kissimmee , Pipe Layer, Other , Kissimmee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!