Company: Jr. Davis Construction Company, Inc.
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Location: Kissimmee, FL
Job Category: Field applicant
Salary Interval: Hourly Application Instructions Jr. Davis
Construction Company Inc. builds roads, bridges, and highways that
connect our communities! We are seeking passionate individuals
eager to apply their skills to take their careers to the next
level. Work with the Underground Utilities Department focusing on
pipes. Perform tasks involving roads, highways,
residential/commercial, and heavy construction projects.JDC is one
of the largest heavy highway and civil construction firms in the
state with over 1,000 employees, while still retaining a family
business atmosphere. We'll respect your hard work and treat you
like family. Company Benefits: We don't just want to tell employees
we care about them; we show it. That's why we offer a comprehensive
and competitive package to our employees:
- Competitive pay rates
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Voluntary life
- Supplemental insurances
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- On-the-job training and skill development
- Complimentary Wellness Clinic services Position Description
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools.
- Clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support
the sides of excavations, and erect scaffolding.
- Clean up rubble, debris and remove waste materials.
- Cut, measure, and hook pipes.
- Measure distances from grade stakes, drive stakes, and stretch
- Bolt, nail, align and block up under forms.
- Signal operators of construction equipment to facilitate
alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery to conform to
- Level earth to fine grade specifications using pick and
- Familiarity with Trench and Job Site Safety.
- Maintain and secure a clean job site each day in order to
eliminate potential hazards.
- Load/unload trucks and haul, hoist, handle, and store
- Mix concrete.
- Perform other related duties as assigned. Position Requirements
- 2 recent years' experience working as a Hillman (ROAD
- Active Driver license.
- Must have a safety-first attitude. Strict adherence to safety
requirements and procedures is required.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers,
supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when
- High School Diploma. Physical Requirements:
- Frequently lifts and/or moves objects weighing up to 50 pounds,
and occasionally objects weighing more than 50 pounds
- Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in
varying weather conditions. Regularly works near heavy equipment
and moving machinery.
- Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high
asphalt levels of noise and dust that are typically associated with
a construction project.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods
of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field
- Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects, use
abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time
- Requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands)
and multi-limb coordination. Equal Opportunity Employer JDC
promotes a drug-free workplace environment and we pride ourselves
on being an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is
actively recruiting women and minorities for all open
Keywords: Jr. Davis Construction Company, Inc., Kissimmee , Hill Man, Other , Kissimmee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!