Pipe Backhoe Operator
Company: Jr. Davis Construction Company, Inc.
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Location: Kissimmee, FLJob Category: Field applicantSalary
Interval: HourlyApplication InstructionsJr. Davis Construction
Company Inc. builds roads, bridges, and highways that connect our
communities! We are seeking passionate individuals eager to apply
their skills to take their careers to the next level.JDC is one of
the largest heavy highway and civil construction firms in the state
with over 1,000 employees, while still retaining a family business
atmosphere. We'll respect your hard work and treat you like
family.Company Benefits: We don't just want to tell employees we
care about them; we show it. That's why we offer a comprehensive
and competitive package to our employees:
- Competitive pay rates
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Voluntary life
- Supplemental insurances
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- On-the-job training and skill development
- Complimentary Wellness Clinic servicesPosition Description
- The operator shall follow all safety rules at all times.
- The operator shall not engage in unsafe acts.
- The operator is expected to attend and participate in all
safety meetings and training.
- The operator shall use all prescribed safety equipment that is
required to safely do the job at hand.
- The operator shall report unsafe acts or conditions to his or
her immediate supervisor or safety personnel.
- The operator shall report any and all injuries, accidents,
and/or incidents immediately to a supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Position Requirements
- 3 recent years' experience working as a Backhoe Operator.
- Valid driver's license required with no DUIs or serious traffic
violations. CDL Class "A" driver's license.
- Knowledge and understanding of "safety systems" associated with
equipment operation including set-up and emergency procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of loading, unloading, and
transport procedures for equipment; as well as compaction
requirements for ground conditions, or customer needs.
- Perform proper daily maintenance and care of equipment
including hours of service requirements.
- Knowledge in support equipment operation, digging equipment,
vacuum units, reel trailers, backhoes, plows, and trenches.
- Must have a safety-first attitude. Strict adherence to safety
requirements and procedures is required.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers,
supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.Physical
- Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in
varying weather conditions. Regularly works near heavy equipment
and moving machinery.
- The work environment periodically exposes the employees to high
asphalt levels of noise and dust that is typically associated with
a construction project.
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require
considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body,
such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and
handling of materials up to 75 pounds.
- Requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands)
and multi-limb coordinationEqual Opportunity EmployerJDC promotes a
drug-free workplace environment and we pride ourselves on being an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is actively
recruiting women and minorities for all open
Keywords: Jr. Davis Construction Company, Inc., Kissimmee , Pipe Backhoe Operator, Other , Kissimmee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!