Change lives. Starting with yours.
Join our community of care.
Want to bring your passion to work? Want to make a real
difference in patients’ lives?
LOOK NO FURTHER.
We’re passionate about patients. We’re leading the state of
Florida towards better healthcare practices. And we’re looking for
amazing Medical Assistants like you.
LOVE YOUR TEAM.
- A culture of collaboration: We work together closely,
laugh together readily, and support each other earnestly.
- A network of support: Our operational and
corporate support teams rally around you; allowing you to focus on
what’s most important – our patients.
BECOME YOUR BEST.
- Direct patient care: A chance to build long term
relationships with your patients in a value based healthcare
- Active Leadership: Actively participate in our team
approach to promoting quality patient care, excellent patient
experiences, and creating a great place to work.
- Balance: Monday through Friday schedule; no mandatory
nights or weekends.
Plus you’ll get:
- A red carpet welcome: We offer a robust new
teammate orientation program.
- Competitive benefits package: We offer a competitive
salary with bonuses, paid time off, insurance, certification
differentials, tuition reimbursement, scrubs, and more.
- Administer medications, administer immunizations, EKGs, ear
washes, and other patient services under the direction and
supervision of a physician. Assist in simple office and minor
surgical procedures. Assist with the education of the patient
and/or family as directed by the physician.
- Perform venipucture under the direction of a physician or
advance care practitioner.
- Contact patients as needed to give testing results instructions
from the physician and scheduling of necessary visits.
- Answer telephone inquiries and triage calls. Perform
various lab functions as needed.
- Consistently exhibit behavior that exemplifies our core
REQUIREMENTS / PREFERENCES
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required.
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers (AHA) or CPR/AED
for the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross).
- Completion of one of the following:
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program with a
valid MA school, or
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA), or
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA).
- 2 or more years of relevant back office, clinical experience
required for those without an accredited Medical Assistant diploma
or RMA or CMA designation.
- CMA or RMA will be considered in lieu of experience.
Ready to begin your life’s best work?
Apply today at www.jobsatoptumcare.com. We’re proudly part of
COVID-19 Symptom Screening / Precautions
If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be
required to screen for symptoms, using the Protect Well mobile app,
Interactive Voice Response, ( i.e. entering your symptoms via phone
system) or another approved Optum Florida approved symptom
screener. When in a Optum Florida building employees are
required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees
must comply with any state and local masking orders.
Employees in Clinical Settings
COVID-19 Work Location Requirement: You will be provisioned with
appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to
perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an
essential function of this role.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire
organization around one giant objective; make health care work
better for everyone. Optum brings together some of the greatest
minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in
order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working
on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that
matter. Here you’ll find incredible ideas in one incredible company
and a singular opportunity to do your life's best
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its
affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law. Optum and its affiliated
medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required
to pass a drug test before beginning employment.