Assistant General Manager
Company: Books-A-Million, Inc.
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Job Description: The Assistant General Manager manages the day
to day operation of the store as Manager On-Duty in conjunction
with the management team to maximize sales and customer service.
The Assistant General Manager may also be responsible for one of
the following categories: book, buyback, or media.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maximizes profits and customer service by leading assigned
category team and operating the store in adherence with all Company
policy and guidelines
- Operates the store as the Manager On-Duty in conjunction with
the management team.
- Ensures highest level of customer service and handles customer
complaints to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Maintains category merchandising and cleanliness and ensures
- Trains and develops Associates and Leads within category and
facilitates cross training for further development.
- Facilitates effective communication to all store Associates
through daily briefings and weekly and monthly meetings.
- Consults with the General Manager on associate performance
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Team Management and Development
- Action Orientation
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 21 years of age or older
- High school diploma or equivalent, some college preferred
- Previous experience in a supervisor role
- Successful completion of all required background
- Computer and cash register skills
Physical and Environmental Requirements
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of
- Must be able to use hands/arms to operate keyboard, telephone
and for repetitive motion activities.
- Must be able to lift or team lift objects up to 50 lbs., with
or without assistance.
- Must be able to communicate using speech, sight, and sound with
or without assistive device.
- Must be able to stand, walk, climb, bend, stoop or crouch while
performing daily activities of the job.
Keywords: Books-A-Million, Inc., Kissimmee , Assistant General Manager, Other , Kissimmee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!