Company: Auto Plus Pep Boys
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Icahn Automotive Group LLC (Icahn Automotive) was formed by its
parent, Icahn Enterprises L.P. (NASDAQ: IEP), to invest in and
operate businesses involved in aftermarket parts distribution and
service. Our businesses have a singular focus: provide premium
automotive parts and services at a great value. The businesses of
Icahn Automotive today consist of Pep Boys automotive aftermarket
retail and service chain, Auto Plus automotive aftermarket parts
distributor, Precision Tune Auto Care owned and franchised
automotive service centers, and AAMCO Total Auto Care franchised
service centers. The businesses of Icahn Automotive total over
22,000 employees, over 2,000 company-owned and franchise locations
and 25 distribution centers throughout the US, Canada, and Puerto
A Technician is primarily responsible for the efficient
diagnosis, repair, and replacement of general automotive parts and
accessories. A successful Technician will have direct interaction
with customers and deliver superior service through educating the
customer on the problems and proposed solutions for their vehicle.
A Technician will conduct a wide variety of diagnoses and repairs;
including but not limited to brakes, drivability, emissions,
steering and suspension, electrical, state safety and emissions
testing, maintenance services, HVAC, starting and charging, and
major engine. This position has been designated as a
Duties & Responsibilities
- A Technician is responsible for all aspects of diagnosing and
repairing a customer's vehicle, as well as, caring for the vehicle
while it is being repaired and properly securing it after the
repair is completed.
- We strictly adhere to a "do it right the first time" philosophy
and a successful Technician will not exceed two or more comebacks
within a four-week period of time.
- Will maintain a 90% minimum productivity performance
- Expected to comply with company policies and procedures, loss
prevention, safety, and environmental codes and ordinances. Will
ensure training completions are maintained at 100%.
- Will be a resource regarding technical matters related to
installation and proper application of parts and accessories, while
also providing accurate and effective direction, advice and
assistance to service advisors, other technicians, commercial,
retail and parts associates.
- Will passionately focus on customer needs, and drive the
service center's performance with the highest degree of integrity
and trust. Must be approachable by both customers and
- The successful Technician will be expected to maintain
technical capabilities to ensure proficient use of service
equipment and maintain certification status.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of 6 months' experience as a certified technician or
mechanic and four ASE's (Brakes & Steering and Suspension, plus two
ASE's from the following: A1 Engine Repair, A6 Electrical, A7 HVAC,
A8 Engine Performance, L1 Advanced Engine Performance) are
- Additional ASE's are strongly encouraged. ASE equivalent
certifications may be considered as part of the qualification
process However, we require all Technicians to achieve the required
ASE certifications within two ASE testing cycles
- We promote a safe and skillful service operation, therefore, we
pre-pay ASE registration and testing fees for Technicians who
attempt to achieve their required ASE certifications
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret retail business
reports, professional and/or technical journals, time reports,
operational reports, government regulations, merchandising reports,
plan-o-gram (merchandising) instructions or technical
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical
instructions in diagram form and deal with several abstract and
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to work Days, Nights, Holidays and Weekends
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
The characteristics described here are representative of those
an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies
up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including
squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting.
- Communicate effectively in person, by telephone, or by using
- Enters and locates information on computer.
- Presents information to small and large groups.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.
- Safely operates a motor vehicle.
- Talk and hear.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: Auto Plus Pep Boys, Kissimmee , Technician A, Other , Kissimmee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!