12 Month Position
JOB PURPOSE: 21st Century Community Learning Centers Program
provides after -school and summer services to support student
learning and development, including academic enrichment, tutoring,
mentoring, homework help, as well as music, arts, sports, and
cultural activities. We also offer literacy and other educational
services to the families of participating children.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develop individual, small group, and large group academic
lesson plans appropriate for students in the program * Teach and
evaluate academic lessons.
* Provide individual and group education in technology, coding,
literature, science, and STEM activities.
* Support individual and group social-emotional learning.
* Help students develop positive attitudes toward learning and
* Help students develop self-confidence, raise self-concept, and
reduce anxiety of fear of failure in academic work.
* Assist students in achieving a better understanding of
specific subject material and in improving academic capabilities in
* Help students develop the study skills necessary for academic
* Assist in designing and implementing cooperative class
* Participate in field trips.
* Be responsible for maintaining records on each student who is
being tutored, including follow-up and periodic assessment. Keep a
daily running record of student response and progress. Submit
records to Project Director weekly.
* Collect and record program evaluation (Pre/Posttests, report
cards, etc.) information as assigned.
* Provide evaluations and other reports as requested by the 21st
CCLC Staff. Submit monthly report to Project Director.
* Submit all administrative paperwork, such as time sheets,
lesson plans, and reports, correctly and on time. * Ensure that
confidentiality of records and information is maintained at all
times. * Participate in training as assigned. Continually enhance
and develop one's own professional skills through participation in
internal training programs. Attend and participate in Adult Family
Member Meetings, Team Meetings and other staff meetings as
assigned. * Immediately report any unusual incidents, and all
dangerous and or potentially dangerous acts, involving individuals
using services to immediate supervisor. Report suspect child abuse
according to Act and agency policy. Familiarize self with Child
Protective Services Law and agency policy on child abuse and
immediately inform supervisor of any suspicious observation of
abuse. * Follow other job-related duties as assigned by the Program
* Minimum two years college education. Bachelor's degree
preferred. * Previous experience working with children and
adolescents in academic and/or recreational afterschool * Teaching
experience in enrichment programs such as, physical
education/outdoor activities, fitness/health/nutrition, visual
arts, drama, music, and technology/coding is desirable. * Computer
related skills and ability to work with computer-assisted learning
software. * Ability to work with students and staff from diverse
backgrounds and * Knowledge of the structure and content of the
English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules
of composition, and * Knowledge in basic level and upper level
math; and algebraic
* Part time. * Monday through Friday, 3:00 p.m. to 6 p.m.