Title 1 Intervention Specialist - Renaissance Charter School at Poinciana
Company: Charter Schools USA
Posted on: May 3, 2021
JOB PURPOSE: The Intervention Specialist role is to create a
flexible program and classroom environment favorable to student
learning and personal growth. This role will also be responsible to
provide the necessary support to students to ensure they meet their
maximum potential, while assisting the Principal in providing a
school atmosphere in which learning is of prime importance by
implementing CSUSA policies designed to maintain a superior
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans and implements a program of instruction that adheres to
the company's philosophy, goals and objectives as outlined in the
adopted courses of study.
- Makes purposeful and appropriate lesson plans which provide for
effective teaching strategies and maximizes time on task.
- Presents subject matter to students to maximize learning
opportunity and provides real-world, application based examples and
- Strives to maximize the educational achievement of each
- Assesses student strengths and weaknesses on a frequent basis,
provides appropriate activities to address student needs and
generates progress reports as required.
- Refers students with suspected learning problems to appropriate
- Assigns lessons, corrects student work product and reviews oral
- Prepares students for state required achievement
- Keeps current in subject matter knowledge and learning theory
and is willing to share this knowledge for the continual
improvement of the school's curriculum.
- Assists in the on-going curriculum revision process, including
the revision of written courses of study.
- Becomes acquainted with supplemental services beneficial to
students as an extension of regular classroom activities.
- Lead discipline enforcement throughout the school.
- Investigate problems of disciplinary nature, document
information and report findings and decisions to appropriate
- Report on investigations of offenses committed by students
- Investigate referrals where student or school property is
stolen or reported missing.
- Work closely with the school guidance counselor, principal and
local law enforcement agencies and make referrals as
- Recommend appropriate sanctions including detentions, campus
service, suspensions and referrals to the Principal for appropriate
- Make periodic tours of campus to ensure that school and school
board policies are being enforced.
- Conduct periodic classroom visits.
- Assist with the enforcement of school/state attendance
- Counsel students and parents where behavioral problems are
- Assist with the supervision of organized student gatherings and
see that all equipment is operative
- Coordinate school bus supervision before and after school.
- Coordinate the student lunchroom and work duty
- Assist with the supervision of students detained after school
hours for disciplinary reasons
- Provide information to the principal regarding teachers'
effectiveness in classroom management and pupil control.
- Ensure school code of conduct is enforced consistently.
- Participate in school based leadership opportunities (i.e.:
team meeting, lead teacher meeting, etc).
- Convene scheduled meetings with Guidance Counselors and
Principal to discuss individual cases and the well-being of the
MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Time Management - Prioritizing, Organizing, Scheduling.
- Computer Basics - Windows (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Communication - Oral (including presentations), Written,
Interpersonal (active listening), Negotiating and Influencing.
- Ability to communicate effectively with parents, teachers,
students and community.
- Ability to demonstrate flexible and creative management of
- Capacity to be a team player.
- Ability to provide a supportive role to the principal.
- Ability to analyze, prioritize and complete work with little
supervision within agreed timeline.
- Capacity to demonstrate respect to all stakeholders.
- Capacity to develop effective reporting mechanisms.
- Bachelor's degree (BA) from an accredited college or university
- Successful results of criminal and employment background
- Possession of valid teaching certification (if
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of technology as related to specific job
- Such alternatives to the above requirements as CSUSA may find
appropriate and acceptable.
- The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- The noise level in the work environment is moderately quiet
except during periods of heavy student activity.
- Agility and ability to quickly move in a school environment
where children are present.
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with CSUSA salary
and benefit policy. Length of the work year and hours of employment
shall be those established by Charter Schools USA.
FLSA OVERTIME CATEGORY
Job is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Charter Schools
The Charter Schools USA Human Resources Department retains the
sole right and discretion to make changes to this job description.
Any employee making changes unauthorized by Human Resources
Department will be subject to disciplinary action up to and
Keywords: Charter Schools USA, Kissimmee , Title 1 Intervention Specialist - Renaissance Charter School at Poinciana, Other , kissimmee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!