Senior Manager Data Science and Engineering Platform Operations
Company: Parks, Experiences and Products
Posted on: May 3, 2021
?We make magic.? That?s our motto at Disney Parks, Experiences and
Products (DPEP). And it permeates everything we do. At Disney,
you?ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the
limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
As the Senior Manager of Data Science and Engineering Platform
Operations, you will be responsible for maintaining and
transforming Big Data and Business Intelligence platforms
supporting multiple Lines of Businesses (Theme Parks, Resorts,
Cruiselines, Signature Experiences, Vacation Club, Consumer
Products, Digital Experiences, Publishing and Licensing) within the
- Define strategic technical direction for Parks Data Platform.
Establish a formal technical advisory committee with stakeholders
to synthesize and prioritize platform capabilities over 3-year
- Lead Technology evaluation, trade-offs and roadmap to justify
and direct key technology decisions/investments.
- Define appropriate governance and support metrics to measure
continuous improvement. Manage quarterly reviews and communication,
updating targets as key outcomes are achieved.
- Drive cloud migration of legacy OLAP systems. Establish and
lead a cross-functional executive steering committee to address
stakeholders? concerns and expectations.
- Consolidate the platform team?s key roles and processes for
governance, support and Release Management.
- Ensure high availability of business critical data pipelines
(streaming and batching), ML models and reports. Manage resiliency,
redundancy and scalability of big-data operations in Hadoop/AWS
infrastructure. Set up and run proactive monitoring, alerting and
auto-healing of known/unknown faults in the system. Manage all
(people, process and technology) aspects of high functioning data
- Manage the lifecycle of various platform features from
inception to retirement. Streamline and simplify
onboarding/offboarding processes with high degree of self-service
- Mitigate risk by establishing and enforcing formal policies and
guidelines for the data platform including but not limited to: data
security, privacy, overall governance and operational service
- Drive clarity and alignment by partnering with peer technology
organizations. Collaborate and create synergies with other Disney
data platforms (Disney+, Studios, ESPN, Enterprise Tech etc.)
- Develop a team of expert troubleshooters, analytical thinkers
and problem solvers. Lead by example. Rally cross-functional and
globally distributed teams to resolve mission critical problems.
Build a culture of proactive over reactive solutions. Foster
continual learning of emerging tools and technologies in the fast
changing Big Data and Machine Learning landscape.
- Take accountability for continuous organizational
transformation through skill evaluation, training, mentoring or
other formal /informal mechanisms.
- 10+ years? experience in Information Technology with 5+ years
as a senior level manager demonstrating experience in resource
management, financial planning, vendor management and technology
- Experience with building and leading medium sized teams of
engineers and architects (15-20 FTE) relying on both direct
ownership and indirect accountability from supporting teams to
- Demonstrated experience with large scale infrastructure
automation and metric-driven continuous improvement.
- Knowing the technology is critical, as you will need to present
effectively at all levels. Along with conducting technical
deep-dives with the team, you will also be a presenter at quarterly
town halls and speak for the achievements, vision and the overall
progress of the organization. You must be able to present complex
technology concepts in a simple manner to senior technology
leadership (C Level Execs)
- 3+ years? experience in cloud infrastructure management,
capacity planning and reliability engineering.
- Proficiency in modern big-data technologies (Hadoop stack,
Redshift, Snowflake, etc.) and AWS architecture, security, and
cloud-native streaming, ELT, storage and compute tools.
- Experience with design, development and orchestration of data
pipelines in batch and real-time modes.
- Experience with design, development and maintenance of shared
components and frameworks.
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence tools and no code/low
code data platforms.
- Ability to lead teams with compassion, collaboration, openness
and a growth mindset. Nurture diversity, inclusion and
- Experience with cloud migration of large-scale legacy
applications reducing Total Cost of Ownership.
- Working knowledge of serverless and containerized
- Expertise in CI/CD and infrastructure-as-a-code
- Hands-on big data analytics using SQL, Python, PySpark.
- Domain knowledge in hospitality, travel and retail
- Familiarity with implementing DevOps and MLOps in a large
- Proficiency with various data governance, accounting and
- Familiarity with hybrid-cloud and multi-cloud
- Ability to tell stories using data.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or related
Keywords: Parks, Experiences and Products, Kissimmee , Senior Manager Data Science and Engineering Platform Operations, Other , Kissimmee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!