Event Technical Supervisor, Audio Visual - Gaylord Palms Resort
Company: Encore Global
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Position OverviewThe Technical Supervisor leads floor operations
with a focus on customer service, staff leadership and development.
The Technical Supervisor directly leads the technical team to
ensure operational efficiencies and customer satisfaction. This
role may also participate in location administrative duties in
support of onsite operations and for career development. This
position reports to the DET, DOO, or Operations Manager.Key Job
- Responsible for accurate and timely setup, operation, and
breakdown of intermediate audiovisual equipment as listed in the
technical qualifications section.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and resolve problems quickly as
- Complies with all Company security and safety measures.
- Ensures equipment is secure from theft and/or damage when in
- Provides excellent service and strives to exceed the
expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Maintains a positive relationship with all clients through
- Meets with guests on site to ensure that their needs are met
and the equipment setup is working properly.
- Monitors events and checks in on customers throughout the
- Understands and fosters the hotel/client
- Assists in training technicians on all floor activities and on
hotel and PSAV service expectations.
- Serves as a mentor for new hires.
- Models and reinforces a positive working environment centered
around company values.Operations Management
- Organizes the daily floor activities to ensure the timely set
up, refresh and removal of equipment.
- Performs daily floor management including directing the
workflow of technicians and assisting management with labor needs
- Ensures the equipment sheets are updated and properly
- Works with team to establish coordinated communications for the
management of events.
- Attends venue meetings as needed (example = banquet event
orders or pre-event conferences)Equipment Maintenance
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment to keep it
presentable and in good working condition.
- Leads the team in proper security, storage, transportation, and
maintenance of equipment.
- Participates in physical inventory count processes as
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Achieve Technical Level 3 Certification per Encore Technical
- Achieve three, Technical Level 2 Certifications (2 must be
A,V,L or P and 1 from the remaining 6). See Skill Set Addendum
(@Encore /HR/Global Learning).
- 3-5 years of customer service or hospitality experience is
- 3-5 year of audio visual experience is required.
- Knowledge of technical theory.
- Advanced problem solving skills.
- Experience leading workflow and team members.
- A valid driver's license is required for team members in
positions that may operate Company vehicles.
- Additional DOT requirement may need to be met if
- Safety Conscious
- Directs Work
- Decision Quality
- Manages Conflict
- Develops Talent
- CourageWork EnvironmentHotelWork is performed in a
hotel/convention center environment with moderate exposure to
outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working
conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes.
Team members will use high-end audio visual equipment and
electrical components, and will be exposed to heights via lifts and
ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple hotel
locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call
status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team
members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by PSAV
based on an individual hotel or a representation of hotels in that
city or area.#INDEVT
Keywords: Encore Global, Kissimmee , Event Technical Supervisor, Audio Visual - Gaylord Palms Resort, IT / Software / Systems , Kissimmee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...