Human Resources Generalist
Company: Legacy Vacation Club
Posted on: July 10, 2018
Job DescriptionPosition Summary Works cross functionally with the Human Resources team in the following areas of HR, employee relations, recruiting, benefits, training as well as business partners to launch projects that drive business results while creating a positive experience and building engagement Reasonable Accommodations Statement To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential Functions:
- Creatively and proactively establish and implement recruiting strategies that identify specifically targeted sourcing plans to attract candidates to our different jobs and locations
- Lead the recruiting process for your assigned area by reviewing resumes and sending to hiring managers on a daily basis, process New Hire paperwork ensuring all forms are completed properly and New Hire is correctly inputted into the Payroll system
- Create and maintain employee files
- Assist in the transition of HRIS and Payroll systems
- Answer main HR phone line and respond professionally to employee inquiries
- Keep up to date the HR biweekly report ensuring its accuracy and timely delivery
- Assist in the creation of training materials and delivery of training
- Participate in the employee investigation and discipline process
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Be knowledgeable in employment laws and ability to keep up to date in all locations we operate in
- Ability to create and implement SOP’s Handbook, and employee communications
- Act as the Point of Contact for HR Director as needed
- Conduct or participate in other projects or initiatives as requested by Director
- Position Qualifications:
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace
- Ambition - The drive to achieve personal advancement
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within a given shift to complete tasks regardless of frequent interruptions
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situationsSKILLS & ABILITIES Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related discipline.Experience: At least 3 years of business experience in a complex organization structure and have significant HR generalist experience and knowledge. HR experience in multiple disciplines such as employee relations, recruiting, legal compliance, etc.Computer Skills: Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet, ADP, SharePoint, and Training SoftwareCompany DescriptionOur goal is to become the employer of choice in the vacation ownership industry. To reach this goal we challenge team members to do their best, value their hard work and commitment, equip them with the tools they need to make progress, and reward them for their achievements. We recognize that our team members are the key to our continued growth and advancement, and we invite you to become part of our success. Legacy Vacation Club is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer who supports a drug-free environment.
Keywords: Legacy Vacation Club, Kissimmee, Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources, Kissimmee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!