Executive Pastry Chef
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Posting Date Oct 15, 2021
Job Number 21113625
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, 6000 W. Osceola
Parkway, Kissimmee, Florida, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Gaylord Hotels
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Gaylord Hotels is a multi-location hospitality brand guided by a
single focus: extraordinary meetings and conventions. From guest
rooms and meeting space, to entertainment and dining all in a
self-contained environment, Gaylord Hotels makes meeting planning
easy and provides attendees great networking opportunities. As a
Gaylord Hotels STAR, you'll bring your warm smile, genuine
excitement and a "consider it done" spirit to work. In return,
you'll experience the rewards of growing your career among a team
of professionals with a passion for excellence. Ready for a change?
Take the initiative. Enjoy the Rewards.
Accountable for overall success of the daily Banquet kitchen
operations. Exhibit culinary talents by personally performing tasks
while leading staff and managing all food related functions. Work
to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while
maximizing the financial performance in all areas of
responsibility. Supervises all kitchen areas to promote a
consistent, high quality product is produced. Responsible for
guiding and developing staff including direct reports. Promote that
sanitation and food standards are achieved.
Education and Experience
* High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the culinary,
food and beverage, or related professional area.
* 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts,
Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years
experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Leading Kitchen Operations for Property
* Designs customer test meal standards in conjunction with Catering
* Develops key equipment needs lists for capital expenditures of
* Directs banquet main kitchen, commissary, and garde manger.
* Creates core list of desired vessels for presentations and
approves purchases through the Executive Steward.
* Leads Banquet kitchen management team. Provides direction for all
* Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including
setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
* Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead,
influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business
decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by
* Encourages and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among
team members. Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate
* Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with
employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
* Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and
reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address
employee problems or concerns.
* Supervises and coordinate activities of cooks and workers engaged
in food preparation. Demonstrates new cooking techniques and
equipment to staff.
Setting and Maintaining Goals for Culinary Function and
* Develops and implement guidelines and control procedures for
purchasing and receiving areas.
* Establishes goals including performance goals, budget goals, team
* Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing
procedure codes, verifying employee understanding of safety codes,
monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
* Manages department controllable expenses including food cost,
supplies, uniforms and equipment.
* Participates in the budgeting process for areas of
responsibility. Knows and implements the brand's safety
Verifying Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
* Sets presentation standards for plated and buffet items.
Developes recipe cards and menu engineering strategies for hot and
* Monitors the quality of raw and cooked food products to promote
that standards are met.
* Determines how food should be presented, and create decorative
* Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and
* Promotes compliance with food handling and sanitation
* Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food
* Verifies employees maintain required food handling and sanitation
* Maintains purchasing, receiving and food storage standards.
* Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis
or for special guests or functions.
Promoting Exceptional Customer Service
* Provides and support service behaviors that are above and beyond
for customer satisfaction and retention.
* Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to
understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and
individual coaching when needed.
* Manages day-to-day operations, verifying the quality, standards
and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
* Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent
customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest
* Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and
* Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
* Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
* Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and
* Verifies employees receive on-going training to understand guest
* Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data
to identify areas of improvement.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
* Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching,
mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge
* Verifies employees are treated fairly and equitably.
* Trains kitchen associates on the fundamentals of good cooking and
excellent plate presentations.
* Creates learning opportunities, core training, and continuing
culinary techniques training for Senior Sous Chefs and Catering
sales team members.
* Administers the performance appraisal process for direct report
managers. Interacts with other department on training regarding
food knowledge and menu composition.
* Verifies disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed
according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and
LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
* Recruits, hires, and trains other Culinary positions (e.g.,
Senior Sous Chef) as well as Culinary administrative support.
* Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best
solution and solve problems.
* Maintains consistent knowledge of current food trends and
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe
in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive,
people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any
protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any
other basis covered under applicable law.
Keywords: Marriott, Kissimmee , Executive Pastry Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Kissimmee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!