Posted on: September 14, 2019
Description SHIFT: No Weekends
HCA has been recognized as a Worlds Most AdmiredCompany in the
Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by FortuneMagazine. The
Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates andjointly owns with
physicians 130+ surgery centers across the United States. Ourcases
are performed Monday-Friday which means NO nights, NO weekends,or
On-call will be required. The size of our surgerycenters naturally
creates a culture where everyone knows one another with ashared
focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we
serve.We are currently in search of additional members to join our
Video- ASD RN A fewof the benefits we provide you:
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment Program
- Full Medical, Dental, Life, Disability and Vision
- 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
- New Extended Family Leave and PTO
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Discount Program Operational Duties:
- Demonstrates necessary practical, technical or specialized
knowledge and skills required for the role of the GI nurse in
accordance with patient care and regulatory standards of
- Prepares the endoscopy unit adequately and ensures availability
of necessary GI equipment and supplies.
- Compiles patient care forms chart to ensure that all required
documentation is immediately available (i.e. assessment, consents,
H/P, physician orders, etc.).
- Conducts complete patient assessment and evaluation of each
patient prior to procedure or treatment. Includes vital signs,
history, physical, pain level, and psychological assessment.
- Conducts hemodynamic monitoring as indicated by procedure and
policy (vital signs, cardiac monitoring, end tidal monitoring,
etc.) from pre-op to discharge.
- Initiates intravenous therapy as indicated, utilizing aseptic
technique with appropriate IV catheter and fluid. Ensures that
medication is labeled appropriately.
- Assists the physician with interventions as indicated
(positioning, preparing specimens, GI tract tattooing, etc.)
- Prepares and administers medications in accordance with current
practice (i.e. pre-op antibiotics, identifying high alert
medications, preparing/labeling medications on/off field,
consistently utilizing the 7 rights before administration,
monitoring patient response, narcotic waste, etc.)
- Demonstrates knowledge of administering and monitoring IV
conscious sedation medications and recognizes the need for reversal
- Retrieves tissue for pathology as directed by physician,
properly labels, and prepares requisitions for appropriate labs and
delivers to appropriate area (i.e. biopsies, CLO test, etc.) and
logs specimens, as required.
Keywords: HCA., Kissimmee , Endoscopy Nurse, Healthcare , Kissimmee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!