Registered Nurse (RN) Oncology PRN
Posted on: November 7, 2018
Osceola Regional Medical Center is a Joint Commission accredited 404-bed hospital that builds on a proud tradition of healthcare excellence in Osceola County, Florida. Osceola Regional is conveniently and centrally located in Heart of Kissimmee only minutes from Orlando, St. Cloud, Celebration and Poinciana.
Nationally recognized as a Top Performer in Key Quality Measures by the Joint Commission, 2015 Top Urban Hospital by Leapfrog, designated by the state as a Trauma Center Level II, and being the largest hospital in Osceola County, Osceola Regional Medical Center offers a full range of specialized health care services such as the Heart and Vascular Institute, Advanced Primary Stroke Center, Certified Chest Pain Center with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI), Pediatric Emergency Room, Pediatric Inpatient and Intensive Care Units, the Baby Suites birthing unit with Neonatology Intensive Care Unit Level II, Orthopedic & Spine Center, Behavioral Health Center with Outpatient Services and a freestanding Emergency Department in Hunter's Creek which serves South Orlando
1. Plans, coordinates, administers and evaluates total nursing care to assigned patients and families, including: medications, treatments, coordination of care, pain management, and psychosocial care.
2. Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process and assists in assuring the highest quality of compassionate care is provided to all patients and families.
3. Plans, implements and evaluates patient and family care, support and teaching based on a total nursing assessment, departmental and oncology standards of care, and the age of the patient.
4. Evaluates and documents patient and family responses; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; and takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient and family and oncology standards of care.
5. Assesses, plans, provides care and consults for psychosocial needs and support of all patients and families
6. Encourages family involvement in care.
7. Utilizes a multidisciplinary approach for oncology patient and family care, with discussions and referrals to all multidisciplinary team members as needed.
8. Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient and family care through effective use of resources and personnel.
9. Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
10. Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care that results in patient harm.
Keywords: HCA., Kissimmee , Registered Nurse (RN) Oncology PRN, Healthcare , Kissimmee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!