Registered Nurse RN Trauma Nurse Lead at HCA Florida Osceola Hospital
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Registered Nurse RN Trauma Nurse Lead today with HCA Florida Osceola Hospital.
$7,500 Sign on Bonus for eligible qualified external applicants!
HCA Florida Osceola Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Registered Nurse RN Trauma Nurse Lead. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
We are seeking a Trauma Registered Nurse Lead to join our healthcare team. Your primary function is to provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures, and protocols of the healthcare organization. You will proactively assume responsibility and accountability for several patients during a designated time frame while following policies and procedures. You will work with a phenomenal team that cares like family and works together in a collaborative manner.
In this role you will:
The Trauma Nurse Lead provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures. In collaboration with the patient, the patients family and other members of the health care team, the trauma nurse lead assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and coordinates treatment plans. Demonstrates strong trauma clinical assessment, nursing intervention, and strong communication/leadership skills. In addition to clinical responsibilities the Trauma Nurse Lead provides trauma program support.
Responsibilities include, although are not limited to:
1. Responds to trauma bays for all Trauma Alerts
2. Responsible for trauma bay readiness
3. Models behavior at all times, and mentors trauma nurse responders
4. Coordinates and triages incoming trauma patients, and reviews/evaluates all activations for triage level appropriateness
5. Functions as a clinical liaison for pre-hospital partners
6. Responsible for documentation compliance; performs audits and provides feedback
7. Assists to coordinate admission consultations and response times for time-sensitive needs
8. Facilitates trauma bay time outs and debriefings in collaboration with primary surgeon
9. Monitors care provision for trauma patients holding in ED for admission
10. Responds to in-house trauma patients critical needs
11. Daily rounding on in-house trauma patients; Provides outstanding customer service to trauma patients and their families.
12. Identifies and reports on trauma audit filters
13. Attends daily multi-disciplinary rounds (IDTs) with the trauma service providers
14. Performs focused patient rounds based on current PI projects
15. Assists with real-time education through training and in-service needs in the ED and inpatient units
16. Participates in scholarly activities
17. Assists with the coordination of the operative patient, including pre-op readiness
18. Assists in obtaining vascular access with midline and ultrasound guided IV... Please click to view full job description.
Keywords: Confidential, Kissimmee , Registered Nurse RN Trauma Nurse Lead at HCA Florida Osceola Hospital, Healthcare , Kissimmee, Florida
here to apply!