Medical Assistant Externship Coordinator
Company: Florida Technical College
Posted on: March 16, 2023
The Externship Coordinator is responsible for student skills
assessment, supervision and collaboration with On Site Medical
Office Manager in the evaluation of students participating in the
externship course. The Externship Coordinator is directly
responsible for Identifying, evaluating, and completing affiliation
agreements with the externship site and ensure all externship
course learning objectives are met, to include completion of
required hours. Minimum Requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years of related work experience in the program
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) or Certified Medical
Assistant (CMA) required
- Remain current with Continuing Education Units and obtain
necessary credentials required by Programmatic Accrediting
- Experience in a proprietary school as faculty or an externship
- Excellent communication with staff and community
- Bilingual- English and SpanishEssential duties and
- Ensure students are prepared academically, technically, and
professionally for the externship.
- Identify new externship sites, perform visits and evaluate new
sites for viability as an allied health learning facility.
- Conduct externship orientation workshops to prepare students
for the externship sites and assign students to externship
- Confirm all students report to their site assignment in the
beginning of the externship course and work actively on maintain
budgeted retention levels for participating students.
- Ensure all externship sites have completed and signed an
externship affiliation agreement.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and
certification, state and federal guidelines related to the
- Collaborate with the site supervisor to conduct midterm, work
ethic, receive timesheets and final performance evaluations
- Issue a final course grade and upload grading rubric into
- Responsible for a 50% Extern to Hire Placement Conversion
- Meet and update the Regional Career Services Director, Dean and
ED on student progress.
- Follow procedures and adhere to school policies including,
keeping accurate records of student advising and behavioral
incidents (if applicable)
- Maintain budgeted retention levels for students participating
in the externship course.
- Attend faculty meetings, in-service programs, career services
workshops, graduation ceremoniesCompetencies:
- Good judgment, problem-solving, and analytical and
- Strong ethics.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, time sensitive
- Ability to overcome objections with positive outcomes.
- Excellent verbal, written and mathematical skills.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office
- Ability to forecast, set, and meet both business and
- Excellent time management, prioritization, presentation and
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.Applicants must meet the minimum
requirements to be considered.Employer with Equal Employment
Opportunity for Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Persons with
Keywords: Florida Technical College, Kissimmee , Medical Assistant Externship Coordinator, Healthcare , Kissimmee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...