Mental Health Technician
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Description IntroductionAre you looking for a work environment
where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for
our Mental Health Technician opening with HCA Florida Osceola
Hospital today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the
HCA Healthcare team.BenefitsHCA Florida Osceola Hospital, offers a
total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and
retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
We are seeking a(an) Mental Health Technician for our team to
ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality,
efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We
are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are
seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as
meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!Job Summary and
QualificationsPOSITION SUMMARY: Under supervision of a registered
nurse, provides direct patient care to behavioral health patients.
Responsible for the provision of a safe and therapeutic condition,
crisis intervention and activities of daily living.
- Establishes effective rapport with patients and acts as a
positive role model for the development of socialization and other
skills as needed.
- Coordinates and participates in group activities and encourages
appropriate patient interactions in both individual and group
- Provides input during team discussions and meetings to assist
in developing patient treatment plans.
- Provides protection and control to ensure patient safety,
including maintaining an ongoing awareness of patients whereabouts,
escorting patients to activities and other procedures and
participating in restraining combative patients as needed.
- Observes patients to assess progress on a daily basis.
Identifies and proactively communicates any changes in patient
condition, results, behavior, observations, or complaints and
reports to RN/Charge RN/LPN.
- Takes and accurately records vital signs, height, weight and
other tests as needed, in a timely manner and records all
variations from normal and reports to RN/Charge RN/LPN. Maintains
therapeutic environment and assists patients with personal hygiene
needs, and activities of daily living.
- Accurately documents the administration of care in the patient
record in a timely manner.
What qualifications you will need:
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Minimum of one year experience in a mental health or healthcare
- CBHT (Certified Behavioral Health Technician) preferred
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) required
- Current CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) required within 60
days of hire
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention must be obtained within 60 days
of employment start date This role requires you to be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law
or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved).HCA Florida Osceola Hospital is a 404-bed tertiary care
hospital. We are accredited by the Joint Commission and are a Level
II Trauma Center. We are a teaching hospital in collaboration with
UCF College of Medicine. Our hospital is conveniently and centrally
located in the Heart of Kissimmee. We are only minutes from
Orlando, St. Cloud, Celebration, and Poinciana. We are committed to
enhancing the standard of healthcare by providing services
including Emergency Care, Trauma Care, Pediatric ER, Heart &
Vascular Institute, and Comprehensive Stroke Center. Other services
include The Baby Suites Maternity Care, Neonatal Intensive Care
Unit Level II, Women's Services, Behavioral Health, Orthopedics &
Spine, and a Graduate Medical Education Program. We expand our care
to the community with our freestanding Emergency Department at
Hunter's Creek ER.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses."Across HCA Healthcare's more than
2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive
impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a
healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive If you find this
opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Mental
Health Technician opening. We promptly review all applications.
Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member
of our team. We are interviewing apply today!We are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Kissimmee , Mental Health Technician, Healthcare , Kissimmee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!