Internal Medicine- Geriatrics Physician needed for an outpatient Clinic in Kissimmee, FL
Company: Healthy Partners powered by Cano Health
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Internal Medicine-Geriatrics opening in Kissimmee, Florida. This
and other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com Cano Health
is a rapidly growing operator of healthcare centers specializing in
Senior Care and Primary Care for all ages. We are a vibrant company
culture founded on the pillars of family, wellness, and service;
operating in Florida, Texas, Nevada and Puerto Rico. As the
organization continues to grow, it will be important to retain the
best of the company's entrepreneurial culture and combine it with
an awareness of the operational rigor needed in a more distributed,
complex healthcare environment. Be part of a diverse team of
talented professionals, united in their vision of achievement and
professional growth that makes Cano Health the nation's leading
health care services provider.At Cano Health we are working to be
the most patient-centric company in the industry. To get there, we
are currently looking for a physician who will provide health care
for individuals in the Clinic commensurate with training and in
accordance with the general policies and standards of practice, as
established by the clinic. Delivers care appropriate for center
with a multicultural patient population. Elicits detailed patient
histories and conducts complete physician examinations. Reaches
diagnosis and orders appropriate laboratory tests and referrals,
etc., as well as counsels patient and family on health and
disease.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- The Physician reports directly to our Medical Director and are
primarily responsible for the provision of high-quality medical
care to our patients.
- Provide all physician care generally provided at a family
practice or managed care facility.
- Actively manage all aspects of patient care while on shift.
Supervise and direct the center's other clinical staff (Medical
Assistants, X-Ray Technicians, etc.).
- Collect biological specimens and process them in the laboratory
- Ensure that all charts and medical records are accurately
completed in a timely manner; and adhere to all clinical policies
- Responsible for the delivery of care, treatment, and
- Arrange for referral resources for those medical specialties
not provided at the urgent care center.
- Evaluate patients, based on medical training and/or specialty,
to determine the medical condition of the patient, through the
performance of physical examinations, thereby, establishing a
diagnosis and proposed treatment plan.
- Maintain high standard of medical practice and participate in
the training development of the medical team.
- Assist in medical education of both the patients and clinic
- Facilitates the patient's transition within and between health
care settings; refer and transfer patients for follow-up and/or
specialty care and discharge patients.
- As a member of the health care team, exemplify an example in
attitude toward patients and staff, thereby, performing duties with
respect, dignity, privacy, and modesty to the patients.
- Participate in the development of clinic protocols and
- Make recommendations, suggestions, etc., on chart information
- Document each on site/in office procedure, prescription,
consultation and patient contact in patient's chart and on the
clinic's encounter forms, within a 24-hour period.
- Counsel patient regarding medical and other problems which
might affect patient's health and well-being.
- Perform such clinical procedures for patient's benefit which
are within scope and skill of practitioner and which are
- Provide direction and leadership to the clinic's medical
support staff, regarding the administering of a patient's
- Provide supervision in case assignment to nurse
practitioner/physician assistant, including sign off on charts,
- Perform other job-related duties, as may be assigned, by the
Chief Medical Officer.Education & Experience
- Doctor of Medicine degree (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic
Medicine (DO) and valid unencumbered license to practice the
- Board Certified or Board Eligible
- Current active Federal and State DEA License Keyphrases:
internal medicine jobs, gerontologist jobs, internal medicine
Keywords: Healthy Partners powered by Cano Health, Kissimmee , Internal Medicine- Geriatrics Physician needed for an outpatient Clinic in Kissimmee, FL, Healthcare , Kissimmee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!