Nurse Manager Emergency Services
Company: Poinciana Medical Center
Posted on: February 19, 2021
SHIFT: No Weekends
Poinciana Medical Center is a four-story, 177,000 square foot
hospital with 76 private beds and a six-private bed ICU. Poinciana
Medical Center provides a full range of acute care services
including emergency services, diagnostic imaging, inpatient and
outpatient surgery, cardiac catheterization, laboratory, pharmacy,
and a full range of support services. The Emergency Department is
approximately 19,500 square feet and consists of 31 private
treatment spaces, an EMS entrance and a helicopter pad.
Poinciana Medical Center is located at 325 Cypress Parkway in
Kissimmee, serving the communities of Osceola and Polk
Nurse Manager Emergency Services
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides leadership and directs functions of
assigned patient care area on a 24 hour basis; ensure effective
delivery of clinical patient care and compliance with
administrative and clinical policies and procedures.
- Directs the continuity of care through demonstrated use of
interdisciplinary team approach to patient care. Collaborates and
shares pertinent patient information with physicians, patients, and
other members of the healthcare team regarding patient progress,
- Develops and implements+ ongoing programs to measure, monitor,
assesses and to improve quality of nursing care delivered to
patients. Works toward hospital-wide improvement in meeting core
measure, patient safety, and service excellence goals in assigned
- Ensures the effective coordination of the patient's care with
other services and departments throughout the hospital.
- Ensures provision of quality care and services by maintaining
appropriate equipment and supplies.
- Participates in rounding and proactively responds to patient
needs to improve patient outcomes and positively impact overall
- Fosters a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a quiet
- Communicates and interacts with patients, families and others
in a caring, empathetic, courteous, and respectful manner.
- Ensures patient communication and explanation of care is
provided in a way that can be easily understood by patients and
their families. Ensures patient family is informed of patient
- Fosters effective departmental communication and collaboration
with physicians and/or other members of the interdisciplinary team
in meeting patient needs.
- Oversees effective discharge planning through coordination with
physicians and case management. Ensures staff provides appropriate
discharge instructions, information, explanation, and referral to
appropriate community resources.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for ensuring
effective pain management practices are in place and operational in
area(s) of responsibility. Qualifications
Nursing Diploma or ASN required; BSN preferred
Minimum 3 year ED RN experience in acute care setting; 1 year
supervisory experience preferred
- Current Florida State Registered Nursing license; or ARNP;
- Current Basic Life Support / ACLS Skills:
Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal
communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written
instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, proficient
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they
need. At Poinciana Medical Center, we offer an array of medical,
dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make
your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family
needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment*
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)* *If applicable, please
refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit
applies to your position.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.
Keywords: Poinciana Medical Center, Kissimmee , Nurse Manager Emergency Services, Healthcare , Kissimmee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!