MDS Coordinator Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Celebration - Full-time
Posted on: February 10, 2020
MDS Coordinator Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Celebration Location
Address: 1290 Celebration Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Care Center Celebration
- AdventHealth Care Center's mission to "Extend the Healing
Ministry of Christ"
- The opportunity and encouragement to truly care for and love
the patients/residents they serve
- The opportunity to work with like-minded co-workers who believe
and support the organization's mission
- The patient-centric focus of meeting the needs of the
- Being part of a large healthcare organization where we can be
"Greater as a Whole" Work Hours/Shift: Full Time - Days You Will Be
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local government regulations
and legislation and their impact on health care service.
- Knowledge of the Minimum Data Set, Resource Utilization Groups
(RUGs), Triggers, Care Area Assessment (CAAs), Plan of Care,
Discharge Plan, Skilling Criteria, and documentation requirement
per regulations and legislation.
- Reviews resident referral information from a variety of
- Assist Director with look back periods and informing the
interdisciplinary team regarding changes in the look back periods
for the MDS completion including the "significant change" MDS.
- Assist Director with the MDS team on look back periods and
informs the interdisciplinary team regarding changes in the look
back periods for the MDS completion including the "significant
- Assist Director with the admission RUG category for payment for
the initial five-day medical MDS in collaboration with the
Admission designee and the MDS team.
- Assist Director with managing RUG categories by monitoring and
capturing care/treatments rendered to residents and recording
- Assist Director with establishing MDS schedules for each
resident and coordinating the timely completion of ancillary
analysis with all team members.
- Assist Director with insuring the MDS's are encoded, edited,
locked, and electronically transmitted within the required time
frames and that any errors or issues are effectively resolved.
- Ability to perform physical, mental, and psychosocial analysis
on all residents and accurately reflect findings in each MDS.
- Ability to develop and revise and individualized plans of care
based on resident's current needs and response to current
- Ability to develop CQI tracking and trending program related to
MDS quality indicators. Performs audits at the direction of the DON
and submits findings to the DON.
- Ability to review the MDS, CAA's, care plans, and documentation
in the medical record, to determine if desired outcomes have been
- Assist with month-end billing by completing assessments that
are preventing month-end close as soon as feasible.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to co-workers, billing
managers, medical records staff, clinical managers, administrator,
fiscal intermediary, managed care organizations and
- Demonstrates an ability to effectively organize records and
information that are necessary to perform job duties efficiently.
What You Will Need:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Current Basic Life Support (CPR) certification from a certified
instructor requiring live return demonstration, such as the
American Heart Association is preferred, and required to be
obtained within the first 30 days after employment
- Current or Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse (LPN/LVN) in the
- MDS Certification by the American Association of Nursing
Assessment Coordinators (AANAC) or the equivalent is preferred or
must be obtained within 90 days of employment Job Summary: Works
independently to coordinate, audit and oversee functions of the
Minimum Data Set (MDS) and resident care analysis process to assure
compliance with federal and state requirements, and to certify
timely completion of MDS analysis. Monitors the assignment of
residents to Resource Utilization Groups (RUGs) and the payment
periods associated with the MDS schedules. Develops and maintains
on-going MDS schedules for each resident. Uses independent judgment
and decision making in analyzing residents' physical and mental
function and documents data on minimum data set forms completely
and accurately to insure accurate billing of residents' accounts;
documents all additional analysis required completely and
accurately; determines appropriate referrals to other health care
professionals; and uses resident analysis protocols to determine
whether to proceed or not proceed.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with
federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and
Keywords: AdventHealth, Kissimmee , MDS Coordinator Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Celebration - Full-time, Healthcare , Kissimmee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!