Heavy Truck/Diesel Mechanic
Company: Jr. Davis Construction Company, Inc.
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Location: Kissimmee, FLJob Category: Field applicantSalary
Interval: HourlyApplication InstructionsJr. Davis Construction
Company Inc. builds roads, bridges, and highways that connect our
communities! We are seeking passionate individuals eager to apply
their skills to take their careers to the next level. This
individual will be responsible for performing preventable
maintenance and repairs on the heavy trucks and equipment.JDC is
one of the largest heavy highway and civil construction firms in
the state with over 1,000 employees, while still retaining a family
business atmosphere. We'll respect your hard work and treat you
like family.Company Benefits: We don't just want to tell employees
we care about them; we show it. That's why we offer a comprehensive
and competitive package to our employees:
- Competitive pay rates
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Voluntary life
- Supplemental insurances
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- On-the-job training and skill development
- Complimentary Wellness Clinic servicesPosition Description
- Diagnose and repair heavy trucks ad perform preventable
- Repair and adjust gas and diesel engines.
- Repair drive trains, electrical systems, and components.
- Repair and modify hydraulic systems and their components.
- Identify and solve mechanical and electrical issues: services,
motors, lights, air brakes, etc.
- Must be able to use diagnostic equipment to isolate mechanical
failure and troubleshoot.
- Operate vehicles to diagnose problems and to check if the
vehicle is repaired.
- Complete reports, work orders, order parts and perform other
- Other duties as assigned.Position Requirements
- Minimum of 2 recent years of experience working as a
heavy-duty/diesel mechanic required.
- Active driver's license.
- Must have a safety-first attitude. Strict adherence to safety
requirements and procedures is required.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers,
supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Maintain excellent attendance
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- A high school diploma or GED is preferred.
- Ability to listen, follow directions, and have a willingness to
continue to enhance skills.Physical Requirements:
- Sitting, standing, walking, squatting/kneeling, reaching,
grasping, pushing/pulling, twisting/bending, lifting /carrying up
to 50 lbs. multiple times per shift, fingering, talking, hearing,
and seeing.Equal Opportunity EmployerJDC promotes a drug-free
workplace environment and we pride ourselves on being an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is actively
recruiting women and minorities for all open
Keywords: Jr. Davis Construction Company, Inc., Kissimmee , Heavy Truck/Diesel Mechanic, Engineering , Kissimmee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!