Location: Palm Coast
Posted on: August 23, 2019
Instructure was founded to define, develop, and deploy superior,
easy-to-use software. (And that's what we did / do / will keep on
doing.) We are dedicated to the fight against iffy, mothbally,
shoddy software. We make better, more usable tools for teaching and
learning (you know, stuff people will actually use). A better
connected and more open edtech ecosystem. And more effective ways
for everyone everywhere to access education, make discoveries,
share knowledge, be inspired, and do big things. We accomplish all
this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to
create awesome. So here's your opportunity.
We are looking for a Principal Consultant to work with clients as
part of our Learning & Strategy Consulting team. Principal
Consultants help customers to manage change and to deepen and
elevate their use of Instructure products to meet pedagogical goals
across their organization by offering strategic planning,
customized consultation, and targeted coaching. With an aim to lead
positive change, increase platform adoption, enhance student
engagement, and drive other specific initiatives, the team tailors
both content and the customer experience to support
This position will focus specifically on working with district and
school administrators, teachers, and other staff to effectively use
Canvas to meet the organization's instructional goals. Providing
exceptional customer service to maintain strong relationships will
be critical in this role. A successful Principal Consultant will
help the customer plan for change, increase and enhance Canvas use
across the organization, and create opportunities for the
organization to sustain their use after the consulting period is
This is a field-based position, and for the current assignment, you
will be based in Maryland (Greater DC area) and will be dedicated
to working onsite with a variety of schools. Future assignments may
require travel and extended onsite engagements in other
locations.What you will be doing:
- Help an organization may effective communication, training, and
- Act as an agent of change within the organization to implement
district vision and goals for Canvas.
- Use data effectively and follow an inquiry process to share
your analysis of challenges, apply targeted strategies, and elevate
the teaching and learning within Canvas.
- Mentor and motivate K12 district administrators, faculty, and
staff on all things Canvas, and inspire teachers to achieve
unparalleled awesomeness with Canvas.
- Listen to instructional needs of school-based staff and help to
meet those needs with Canvas.
- Plan, schedule, and conduct consulting sessions using
appropriate tools and organizational skills.
- Help teachers make connections between Canvas usage and
instructional best practices.
- Follow-up after consulting sessions to monitor progress and
- Collaborate with other consultant team members, Instructure
employees, and customers to enhance Canvas use across the
- Prepare and deliver amazing help documents, incredible course
materials, and superstar presentations that are specific to the
- Identify areas where additional support, training, or
consulting are needed.
Here is what you will need to know/have:
- At least one year of Canvas experience required, more
preferred, including making awesome and engaging Canvas
- Experience with other Instructure products a plus.
- At least one year in a leadership position, more
- K12 teaching experience / teaching and learning expertise,
including experience with flipped/blended/online teaching.
- Working knowledge of technology adoption strategies and
educational technology best practices.
- Experience leading change and/or rolling out a technology
platform to a large organization.
- Creative thinker with strong problem solving skills and
attention to detail.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources,
including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a
high-pressure environment and be comfortable with ambiguity.
- Experience with delivering awe-inspiring presentations in an
- Ability to keep consulting sessions fresh, fun, effective, and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to react to project adjustments and alterations
promptly and efficiently.
- Bachelor's Degree in Educational Technology, or
- This is a field-based position, you must be based in Florida
(Tampa Bay Area) or Maryland (Greater DC Area) for the current
assignment. Daily local travel is required.
- Future assignments may require travel and extended onsite
engagements in other locations.
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure.
- Competitive salary, equity, and 401k
- Employee stock purchase plan
- 100% paid medical, dental, disability, and life insurance
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, 9 paid holidays, and flexible work
- Gym club reimbursements and rewards-based fitness tracking
- iMacs or Macbooks
We've always believed in hiring the most awesome people and
treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more
diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas,
our environment is better and our business is stronger.
At Instructure we participate in E-Verify and yes, in case you
didn't catch it from the above, we are an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Instructure, Kissimmee , Principal Consultant, Education / Teaching , Palm Coast, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!